Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
KLA has always had a close relationship with physics and data. Our optical and electron beam inspection and measurement tools use cutting edge physics models, both for hardware design and as part of their algorithms. AI, including several traditional machine learning techniques and deep learning are routinely used to process this data to meet application requirements.
The AI & Modeling Center of Excellence, centered in KLA’s R&D facility in Ann Arbor, MI, was setup with the mission of advancing KLA’s traditional strengths in physics and data and providing implementation solutions for multiple KLA Inspection and Metrology products targeted at the semiconductor manufacturing industry.
As a part of this group, you will be part of a world class team of physicists, HPC system designers, machine learning and application engineers who build cutting edge solutions for modeling complex imaging techniques and semiconductor processes. You will also work with a data scientists and AI infrastructure engineers whose mission is to build and scale machine learning based solutions for our semiconductor customers.
We are looking for engineers in a few different fields. If you are passionate about Physics Modeling, High Performance Computing - HPC (including GPU), ML, Data, or Cloud technologies – this is the place for you!
· Research and innovate next-generation electromagnetic solvers and algorithms for semiconductor device and thin film metrology
· Develop numerical models and algorithms using Matlab
· Understand when the models and algorithms break down and develop testing procedures to validate assumptions in the models
· Work with Advanced Development and Applications teams to confirm the feasibility of the new algorithms
· Productize the new algorithms in C++/CUDA and integrate it into a C#-based software solution
· Document the theory and implementation of the new algorithms, and give presentations both internally and externally regarding the work
· Provide technical support during alpha and beta testing
· Maintain new and existing algorithms and software solutions throughout the life-cycle of our tools
· Doctorate (Academic) in the physical sciences or engineering with at least 2 years of experience
· Strong background in numerical simulations, especially in computational electromagnetics
· Strong background in applied mathematics, especially in inverse problems, optimization algorithms, computational geometry, linear algebra, partial differential equations, and statistics
· Strong background in computer programming, especially in performance profiling, memory optimization, and parallel computing
· Proficient in machine learning algorithms, especially in the theoretical background of different ML models
· Proficient in C++, especially in writing production-quality, object-oriented code
· Experience in CUDA is a plus
· Experience in semiconductors (electrical properties, manufacturing, and metrology) is a plus
· Ability and willingness to travel worldwide to support projects at customer sites is a plus
MS degree or BS with 2 years exp.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.