Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
KLA has always had a close relationship with physics and data. Our optical and electron beam inspection and measurement tools use cutting edge physics models, both for hardware design and as part of their algorithms. AI, including several traditional machine learning techniques and deep learning are routinely used to process this data to meet application requirements.
The AI & Modeling Center of Excellence, centered in KLA’s R&D facility in Ann Arbor, MI, was setup with the mission of advancing KLA’s traditional strengths in physics and data and providing implementation solutions for multiple KLA Inspection and Metrology products targeted at the semiconductor manufacturing industry.
As a part of this group, you will be part of a world class team of physicists, HPC system designers, machine learning and application engineers who build cutting edge solutions for modeling complex imaging techniques and semiconductor processes. You will also work with a data scientists and AI infrastructure engineers whose mission is to build and scale machine learning based solutions for our semiconductor customers.
We are looking for engineers in a few different fields. If you are passionate about Physics Modeling, High Performance Computing - HPC (including GPU), ML, Data, or Cloud technologies – this is the place for you!
· Design, development and implementation of cutting edge computer vision and image processing algorithms
· Rapid prototyping and validation of new machine learning, deep learning and image processing algorithms
· Develop end to end solutions that are holistic taking into account the system, imaging pipeline, the user experience and the end application requirement
· Work in a highly cross functional organization to participate/drive systems integration of algorithms.
· Write robust production quality code.
· Own prototype to production of algorithms
Doctorate (Academic) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mathematics, or Physics
· Strong background in one or more of the following areas: Machine Learning, deep learning, computer vision, image processing
· Proficiency in C/C++, python and object oriented design
· Knowledge of common deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, Caffe, MatConvnet etc.
· Ability to formulate problems into mathematical equations.
· Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability and willingness to travel worldwide to support demos and projects at customer sites.
What will differentiate you
· Strong understanding of vision related deep learning work like Generative models, semantic segmentation, auto encoders
· Hands on experience solving computer vision challenges
· Strong fundamentals in low level image processing algorithms
· Appreciation of complex image acquisition systems
New college grads (NCG) with 1+ years of professional or research experience in one or more of the following fields: Machine learning, Deep learning, image processing, computer vision are welcome to apply.
Master's degree in Engineering or related area OR
Bachelors with 1 year experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.