Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The Broadband Plasma Division (BBP) provides market-leading patterned wafer optical inspection systems for leading-edge IC manufacturing. Logic, foundry, and memory customers depend on BBP products to detect yield-critical defects for process debug and excursion monitoring at advanced process nodes.
BBP flagship products include the 29xx and 39xx series which leverage Broadband Plasma technology to capture a wide range of defects with ultimate sensitivity at the optical inspection speeds needed for inline defect monitoring.
1) Analyzing the signal and noise characteristics of current and emerging IC yield limiting defects, formulating algorithmic solutions, and validating them via simulation and prototyping.
2) Working with product system engineering team to define the algorithm performance specification and use it to guide the algorithm design and implementation.
3) Act as the algorithm representative during system level hardware/software integration.
4) Provide algorithm technical support during product demo and beta testing, work with domain experts from other functional teams on special customer engagement projects.
5) Participate in software quality assurance activities required by the software development process.
1. Very strong problem analysis and solving skills
2. Curiosity and willingness to learn new technologies
3. Solid theoretical background in signal/image processing and computer vision
4. Research and/or software development experience on Unix/Linux platform.
5. Proficient in C/C++, solid MATLAB programming skills.
6. Background in optics, computational geometry and pattern recognition is highly desired.
7. Experience in Electronic Design Automation (EDA) and large data structure is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.