This job posting is no longer active
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The SWIFT (Simultaneous Wafer Inspection at Fast Throughput) division is part of the Wafer Inspection Group (WIG) and consists in an organization globally located in US, Germany, India, and Singapore.
The SWIFT division has the mission to provide cost-effective solutions for high-sampling wafer inspection applications. We effectively partner with field support teams and customers to lower overall fab costs by supplying world-leading high-throughput inspection, metrology and review systems. Our comprehensive product portfolio includes: all-wafer-surface (frontside, backside, and edge) macro inspection, standalone high-sampling inspection, and standalone edge inspection and metrology tools that are deployed across several advanced wafer fabs for a large number of applications.
Besides developing valuable products, the SWIFT division provides support to the customers to achieve performance entitlement through the sharing and implementation of applications BKM (Best Known Methods).
1) The successful candidate will join a world-class team of software and algorithm engineers to conceive, implement, optimize, and document advanced algorithms and software modules used in inspection and metrology systems.
2) The responsibilities of this position covers the entire life cycle of algorithms and software development, including proof-of-concept design/research, production algorithm/software design and implementation, performance characterization, documentation and support.
3) The successful candidate needs to be a self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and be an effective team player. Strong written and verbal communications skills are needed for extensive interactions with members of a multi-disciplinary global team.
1) MS/PhD in Science or Engineering fields
2) Strong background in applied mathematics, machine learning and signal/image processing.
3) Minimum 5-year experience in algorithm and software development using C++ in field of signal/image processing, and /or machine learning. Strong MATLAB skills.
4) Experience in Object-Oriented and multi-threaded software development is essential.
5) Experience with performance optimizations for real time execution is a plus. Familiarity with Intel Performance Primitives and OpenCV preferred.
6) Knowledge in optics and semiconductor process is a plus.
Doctorate (Academic) with at least 3 years of experience.
Master's Level Degree with at least 5 years of experience.
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 7 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.