Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The candidate will work in the KTPro division in the Candela and Surface Metrology Group. This team is focused on markets outside of semiconductor that can utilize KLA-Tencor’s inspection and metrology expertise. Candela manufactures inspection systems primarily for the data storage, compound semiconductor, LED, and power device markets. The Surface Metrology group manufactures optical and stylus profiler systems that serve a wide range of markets: semiconductor, compound semiconductor, LED, power device, data storage, solar cells, medical devices, R&D, and laboratories, to name a few. The profilers are metrology systems that are used to measure the topography of surfaces, such as the amount of a material deposited or removed, surface texture, form, and stress.
In this role, the selected intern will get a chance to learn how to market division products in a competitive environment. Project includes:
1) Develop product marketing literature for use on the KLA-Tencor website. The literature includes updating existing marketing material and working with the marketing and applications team on new applications notes.
2) Working with the marketing and web development team to optimize the capture of sales leads through the web.
3) Develop internal and external marketing collateral, such as a product catalog.
1) Working towards a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a Marketing focus. Or working on a technical degree in the fields of physics, optics, chemistry, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related fields.
2) Excellent written and communication skills
3) Self-motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision
4) Efficient in MS Office suite
5) Previous marketing communications internship a huge plus
Minimum of 2 years of college experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.